UK Businesses For Sale with Business Sales Online

Buy a UK Business for Sale Businesses for Sale
Businesses for Sale Sell My Business Help & Support My Account
Wanted Ads | Agriculture | Care | Catering | Property | Leisure | Manufacturing | Miscellaneous | Motor | Retail | Service | Website | Register  
You are here > Home > All Businesses > DIY Stores > Lancashire > DIY Stores > Ironmongers > Advert Listing
Keyword Search

                           



 
Back to Business Sales Results

Freehold Hardware Store- Retailers Of Hardware, Ironmongery & Diy Goods for Sale

Lancashire

Freehold : £ 499,000

The premises are freehold circa £350,000. Rates are circa £6470 per annum.

The business is ideally located in the town centre and is very accessible with lots of parking in the surrounding area. It is also very close to a major supermarket with generates good levels of passing trade.

Ground floor premises comprise prime retail space.Total ground floor space is circa 4550 square feet- however the business rents out circa 900 square feet of this to an adjoining retail business which is totally separated with own entrances etc. Annual rental generated for the business is circa £16,500 p.a. There are 7 years remaining on the current commercial
lease the vendor has in place.

First floor is again circa 4500 square feet and is currently used as stockroom and storage. There is also some office space.

Freehold Hardware Store- Retailers of Hardware, Ironmongery & DIY Goods
Large Freehold Premises
Ref.AI034
Location Lancashire
This wonderful family business was established over one hundred years ago and has successfully traded in the town throughout that period.It has been trading from its current high street location for the last 35 years and is now a highly respected and integral part of the local community with a customer base that encompasses several generations of many local families and businesses. Without question it is one of the largest and leading privately owned hardware stores in the region.

It would be easier to list what it doesn’t sell rather than try to list the extensive range of household goods, ironmongery and DIY equipment. Suffice to say it stocks everything from the smallest screw right through to electrical and white goods and garden equipment. The company has thousands of product lines and if it does not carry the item, it almost certainly can order it for you from an extensive supply chain.

Approximately 70% of business is retail with the remaining 30% being made up of commercial/trade business.

The business is located in the town centre with ample parking. The premises are large and freehold. The ground floor shop comprises circa 3,600 square feet of prime retail space with approximately an additional 4,550 square feet of space on the first floor. The first floor is currently used as storage for stock as well as having office space.

In addition to this the business benefits from leasing a proportion of the building to an adjoining ground floor retailer (circa 900 square feet). There is a commercial 15 year
lease in place with circa 7 years remaining. This generates rental revenues of circa £16,500 p.a. to the owner.

The business has established an extensive customer base of loyal customers and is very efficiently run.

Trading Hours: Monday-Saturday : 08:30-17:00

Closed Sunday
 
Staffing: The owner works on the business on a part time basis. He tends to visit maybe once a week and tends to work on other aspects of the business a couple of days per week remotely.

The business employs 3 full time staff, each with individual responsibilities as well as 4 part time staff. Of the 3 full time staff one is senior and is responsible for banking and key holding.

All staff are a real asset of this business.
 
 Contact Business Seller
Your Name:
Your Email:
Your Message:

Send me details of similar Businesses

 


 

Other people viewed


hydraulic & pneumatic and consumables for sale in Tarleton Lancashire


POPULAR AND WELL KNOWN DIY/HARDWARE CENTRE for sale in Preston Lancashire


WELL ESTABLISHED DIY CENTRE - LANCASHIRE for sale in Wigan Lancashire


174 Advert ID 40460    Sellers Ref : AI04/BSOL

Terms of use Copyright 2001 - 2019 Business Sales Online all right reserved